FeelTect is a connected-health start-up based in Galway, Ireland. We began our journey in the renowned BioInnovate Ireland programme at National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG) before launching the company in May 2019.
FeelTect’s mission is to disruptively improve wound care by developing connected-health solutions to enable safety, efficacy and empowerment.
Venous Leg Ulcers
Venous leg ulcers (VLUs) are painful, chronic wounds affecting 11.5 million people globally.
56% of VLUs fail to heal in the expected time frame of 12 weeks and 30% fail to heal within a year.
within a year
healthcare budget spent on VLUs
A way to increase healing rates and reduce workload in VLU treatment, for reduced costs and improved patient outcomes.
The Cornerstone of VLU Treatment
- Uses bandages or other garments to apply pressure to the leg, restoring venous flow.
- Variability between patients and products means targeted pressure is rarely achieved (90% failure rate).
- Pressure is rapidly lost due to swelling reduction or non-compliance.
- Ineffective compression results in delayed healing for patients and places an unsustainable burden on global healthcare systems.
Tight Alright is the first connected-health platform for disruptively improving the application, maintenance, and self-management of compression therapy –
consistently delivering gold-standard VLU treatment.
The unique point-of-care solution includes a wearable pressure sensing device and mobile app. This is supported by a pioneering digital platform, including a secure cloud database and remote dashboard.
Dr. Andrew Cameron
- PhD in Tissue Engineering
- 9 years in Commercialisation
- Raised €1.6 million in funding
- BioInnovate Ireland Fellow
Dr. Darren Burke
- PhD in Regenerative Medicine
- Mechanical Engineer
- eCommerce experience
- Previous roles in Quality and R&D
Prof. Garry Duffy
- Professor of Anatomy in NUIG
- PI at AMBER and CÚRAM
- Led multiple EU consortia
- Secured €25 million in funding
Dr Andrew Cameron (CEO)
The Old Farmhouse
Co. Galway, H91A6WH
P: +353 87 184 0912